Charter our luxury flybridge cruiser for a day trip or extended overnight getaways on the Great Barrier Reef. Our luxury 54ft Assegai is one of the most technologically advanced luxury motor vessels operating in Australia. Enjoy exhilarating days fishing, snorkelling, or scuba diving
Conveniently based in Port Douglas – the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef – our luxury private charter boat is the perfect choice for a day trip for 4 - 8 leisure guests* on day charters and 3 - 4 guests on overnight liveaboard dive and snorkel expeditions on the Great Barrier Reef.
The charter boat offers spacious, comfortable accommodation and high-tech features not seen on other motor vessels, she is in a level of her own..
The fully air-conditioned accommodation on our technologically advanced private charter boat consists of three cabins – two for guests and one for the crew – and two bathrooms.
You’ll enjoy plenty of space, comfort and inclusions aboard our luxury flybridge cruiser, and with full catering, bait and tackle included in your private boat charter tour, it’s the ideal choice for anglers wanting a multi-day group trip to catch Marlin, Tuna or Sailfish in some of the best fishing destinations in the world, on the Great Barrier Reef of Australia.
Luxury Charter Boat Features:
No need to worry about sea-sickness – our private charter boat features a Seakeeper stabilization gyro which allows her to operate in most weather conditions and limits wave motion.
She also boasts:
Group Options & Packages
Our Port Douglas based private charter boat fleet consists of 4 of the most exclusive luxury boats that can be packaged together for the ultimate fishing and expedition cruising on Australia’s Great Barrier Reef.
MV Z: accommodations for 4 - 8 guests (day trips); 4 guests (overnight and multi-day charters)
MV L: accommodations for 4 - 6 guests (day trips); 4 guests (overnight and multi-day charters) (no diving overnight guests)
MV M: accommodations for 8 guests (day trips) 0 guests (overnight and multi-day charters)
MY B: 6-star accommodations for 10 guests (multi-day charters of 3 or more days) mothership
Let us tailor your private charter Great Barrier Reef tour to suit your needs – whether that’s:
Our game boat fishing itinerary
For the trip of a lifetime with extra luxury, you can also combine your day trip on our game fishing vessel with an overnight or longer 6-star stay on our luxury 35-metre expedition motor yacht mothership.
If you are a cruise ship passenger looking for the best shore tours in Port Douglas read more on our cruise ship shore tours page.
Fully air-conditioned accommodation for up to 7-8 guests (day trips) and 3-4 guests (liveaboard trips).
Non-alcoholic refreshments (BYO alcohol).
All bait and tackle – includes a range of custom rods and reels and matching terminal tackle ranging from 8kg - 60kg (including fighting chair) to suit the targeted species of fish.
Scuba diving equipment and dive guide (extra cost)
Snorkelling equipment (extra cost)
Knowledgeable crew who share your passion for oceanic adventures on the Great Barrier Reef.
8.00am: Departs Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina, Port Douglas
From Port Douglas we make our way out to the outer reef – approximately 1.5 hours travel.
9.30am: Fishing and snorkelling/swimming – Great Barrier Reef
Enjoy 2 to 3 (depending on location, weather and experience) amazing dives to explore the colourful corals and unique marine life on the Great Barrier Reef.
3.30pm: Head back to the marina at Port Douglas
5.00pm: Returns Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina, Port Douglas
Where: Townsville and along the east coast up to Cairns
When: July to early September
Light tackle fishing is a great choice for families and anglers wanting to try sports fishing. July to early September is the best time for light tackle fishing, targeting juvenile Black Marlin, Sailfish and other pelagic species such as Spanish Mackerel and Mahi Mahi.
Heavy tackle fishing:
Where: Cairns, Port Douglas, Lizard island, Cooktown
When: Late September to early December
An extended liveaboard private charter on our custom-designed game fishing vessel is the ultimate way to experience heavy tackle fishing. Late September to early December is the best time for heavy tackle fishing, targeting giant Black Marlin, Yellowfin Tuna and Dogtooth Tuna.
Our helpful, experienced crew will share their knowledge and tips with you and even film your big catch so you can relive the experience later!
Where: Cairns, Port Douglas, Lizard Island, Cooktown
Bottom fishing is one of the most popular day charter trips for families and friends and is available most of the year. Bottom fishing targets some of the tastiest fish on the Great Barrier Reef, including Coral Trout, Red Emperor and Nannygai.
From the beautiful town of Port Douglas, the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, our private charter game fishing boat will take you on the fishing trip of a lifetime to world-famous fishing destinations in Tropical North Queensland.
We can accommodate 7 guests on a private day charter or 4 guests for a multi-day liveaboard trip.
For the ultimate fishing adventure and luxury Great Barrier Reef getaway, combine your day trip on our game fishing vessel with an overnight or longer stay on our private charter luxury 35-metre expedition motor yacht, complete with 6-star private accommodation and gourmet chef-prepared meals.
Snorkelling and scuba diving are two of the best ways to fully explore the amazing marine life and corals of the Great Barrier Reef. Our private charter boat is equipped for scuba diving and features an in-built dive compressor and customised dive ladder for easy access in and out of the water.
We offer scuba diving for up to 4 guests, and will include dive equipment and your own dive guide at extra cost.
Combine your fishing trip with snorkel and dive time and explore some of the most amazing snorkel and dive sites in the world.
Book a day trip or extended liveaboard trip to snorkel and dive some of the most iconic reef sites on the Great Barrier Reef.
First time dives are available for eligible guests.
Browse more private charter boat options here
Boarding at 7.45AM and disembarking by 4.45PM.
As per private charter agreement
January - December
March - July Barramundi Season - Located Weipa
September - Early December - Black Marlin Heavy Tackle Season
Day charter: up to 9 hours
Overnight & extended charters available
Scuba Diving Restrictions
All children are under the strict supervision of the parents or guardians
All cancellations must be in writing.
Please note that all cancellations will incur an administration fee.
Please see our terms and conditions for details prior to booking.
Operator's Cancellation Policy
DAY CHARTERS & LIVE-ABOARD CHARTERS
1. We require a 30% deposit to secure the booking.
2. Full payment is due 2 weeks prior to departure.
3. Should a charter be cancelled by the client, the 30% deposit is forfeited.
4. Should a charter be cancelled by the client within 72 hours of departure, the full charter cost is forfeited.
MARLIN AND BARRAMUNDI SEASON CHARTERS
1. We require a 30% deposit to secure the booking.
2. Full payment is due 30 days prior to departure.
3. The 30% deposit becomes non-refundable 6 months prior to the departure date.
4. Should a charter be cancelled within 30 days of departure, the full charter cost is forfeited.
This cancellation policy applies unless there are exceptional circumstances which are dealt with by Company management on a case-by-case basis.
Should CJRE MARITIME Pty Ltd be:
• unable to provide a vessel for use during the intended charter period, the Company reserves the right to be able to cancel the charter, at which time all deposits will be refunded.
• unable to provide the exact vessel requested by the client they reserve the right to offer an equivalent vessel.
Should the Captain or management decide to cut short a charter, whilst underway, only the unused portion of the charter will be either refunded or given as credit for a future charter.
Should the client decide to cut short a charter, whilst underway, no refunds will apply.
The Client accepts that the Captain is in sole charge of safety and health related decisions whilst onboard.
In the event of a cancellation, CJRE MARITIME Pty Ltd is not liable for any costs or damage incurred by the Hirer as a result of the cancellation.
Reef and fishing charters are subject to the discretion of both Company management and your Captain, as well as weather conditions and availability.
Please note that refunds will only be offered if the Captain of the vessel deems it unsafe to proceed with a charter
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. We do not accommodate children under the age of 6 on board for outer reef trips. Please enquire about our inner reef/Low Islands options for families with children under the age of 6 years old.
2. Charter length for DAY TRIPS is up to 9 hours. Boarding at 8.00AM and disembarking by 5.00PM.
3. Multi - day/live - aboard trips: Day rate is multiplied as per length of charter.
4. Base charter rate in cludes reef fishing and/or light tackle fishing as inclusive but is optional for guests.
5. Scuba diving fee 1 x divemaster per 4 PADI certified divers. More than 4 divers in the party may require an extra divemaster at an additional fee.
6. Scuba diving: Introductory dives are available for non - certified divers & PADI dive certification courses are available on request.
7. Catering & non - al coholic refreshments are inclusive. Catering is prepared by a local catering company and consists of morning tea, lunch (a selection of salads, cold cuts and vegetarian/gluten free options to build your own roll/wrap) and afternoon tea (sweet slice/muffins and/or snacks). BYO alcohol. a. Overnight charters also include Breakfast and Dinner
8. Rates are inclusive of Environmental Management Charges as per the Great Barrier Reef Marine Parks Authority.
BOOKING INFORMATION REQUIRED
1. Full names and contact details of the charter party (including ages of any minors on board)
2. Emergency contact fo r the charter party that will not be on board.
3. Guest dietary requirements and/or specific requests .
4. Guest medical conditions (including allergies) and/or medications we should be familiar with in the case of an emergency.
5. Snorkelling and diving charters : Guest c lothing size (eg – Size Medium (10 - 12) and shoe size (eg – Size Mens 10) to ensure we have the correct fitting wetsuits/flippers on board. Please also provide the clients PADI certification number for diving charters
Prices are AUD, per charter and include all levies fees and taxes.
Tour Code: 912