Your two-day Fraser Island 4WD tour takes in some of Fraser Island's most iconic sites with expert guides to ensure the fun continues on your epic adventure!
Bring your camera and a sense of humour as you explore Fraser Island with an eco-accredited guide who lives and loves the island.
This tour takes the hassle out of seeing the world’s largest sand island by managing tides and traffic - leaving you to enjoy the island’s World Heritage wilderness and colourful history in air-conditioned comfort.
Experience Fraser Island’s shifting sandscapes on a ‘Two-day One-night’ or a ‘Full Day’ tour where Aboriginal names like Wanggoolba and Dundonga roll exotically off the tongue.
Once aboard you’ll meet like-minded travellers, visit the top natural attractions – including stunning Lake McKenzie and Wanggoolba Creek and cool off in the island’s fresh-water swimming holes - and all in custom-designed, four-wheel-drive coach comfort.
Whether you’ve travelling solo, in a group or with friends, this tour offers a fun and relaxing experience for all types of travellers, with a choice of accommodation styles to suit.
All rooms have a private bathroom and tea/coffee making facilities.
Guided 4WD tours depart daily from Hervey Bay and Rainbow Beach. Start in one location and end in the other if you are travelling along the coast.
The two-day tour includes accommodation, meals and courtesy transfers.
• Central Station - check-out the interp displays and discover a former logging station that was once the hub of a bustling timber industry.
• Wanggoolba Creek - stroll along the boardwalk to discover the ancient King Ferns before hiking through
• Pile Valley - discover subtropical rainforests to see the island’s famous Satinay Trees and King ferns.
• Lake McKenzie - enjoy a revitalising swim in the fresh, crystal blue water and relax on the sandy white beaches of this picture-perfect perched dune lake.
• 75 Mile Beach - tour the golden beach highway – the ‘spine of Fraser Island’, running from Hook Point to Great Sandy Cape. During this journey, take an extra opportunity to join the Air Fraser team for a scenic flight over the island.
• Eli Creek - relax on the sandy banks, wade through the invigorating shallow waters or drift down stream – the fastest flowing creek on the island is sure to revitalise your mind, body and soul.
• Maheno Shipwreck - learn the intriguing history of this once proud passenger liner that was washed ashore in 1935 during an out-of-season cyclone. While you’re at it, take the chance to stretch your legs and take a holiday snap with this rusting wreck.
• The Pinnacles Coloured Sands - one of Fraser’s more magical locations, you will hear the Dreamtime story of how these rainbow coloured cliffs came to be.
• Indian Head – Visit the most easterly point of Fraser Island and spot marine life such as turtles and rays that inhabit the waters surrounding this rocky headland.
• Champagne Pools – stimulate your senses and take a dip in a natural ocean jacuzzi, a natural rock pool filled by crashing waves.
• Lake Wabby - swim in this emerald-green window and barrage lake, after your trek across the shifting sands of the Hammerstone Sandblow which are expected to completely swallow Lake Wabby, making this itinerary stop a rare gem.
Your guide takes all the hard work out of navigating tides and terrain. They are the Fraser Island experts with local knowledge and an unmatched passion for the island. They’ll drive you across the sand tracks to explore some of the most beautiful, natural spots and provide fascinating facts about the island's history, fauna and flora in air-conditioned 4WD comfort.
Diverse wildlife are present on Fraser Island with dingoes, birds of prey and Whales (July to October) seen on Fraser Explorer Tours. Spot wildlife from our 4WD coaches with custom-built panoramic windows.
Eurong Beach Resort offers triple, double/twin and single hotel rooms along the spectacular 75 Mile Beach. Each resort room has been recently renovated and includes a private kitchenette and balcony or patio. The resort offers many facilities for guest use, but the best place to unwind at the end of your tour is at McKenzie’s on 75 Bar & Restaurant. Enjoy an evening at leisure, and select a meal from the new à la carte menu.
At the end of the second day, your tour departs Fraser Island at approximately 4.30pm on the barge, arriving back in Rainbow Beach between 5.00pm and 5.30pm to drop you off to your accommodation.
If making your own way meet at Ticket Hut in River Heads for check-in by 8.00am
January - December
2 Day 1 Night
Souvenirs, drinks and snacks
Children age 4 to 14 on request only
All cancellations must be in writing.
Please note that all cancellations will incur an administration fee.
Please see our terms and conditions for details prior to booking.
Prices are AUD, per adult and include all levies fees and taxes.
Tour Code: 571