Port Douglas Carnivale was originally held to celebrate the start of the sugar cane harvesting season. This now well established Tropical North Queensland event attracts local, interstate and international visitors of all ages.
Not To Be Missed Events
Ross Wilson ‘Tropic Rock’ Concert
Daddy Cool himself, Ross Wilson, will be rocking the stage.
When: Saturday 26th May at Rex Smeal Park.
The Longest Lunch
After the success of last year, award winning Ochre Restaurant will be once again catering for the longest lunch. This modern Australian restaurant sources the best local produce from the Far North Queensland. The event is held at Rex Smear Park under the palms with stunning ocean views. The lunch menu and its matching wines are to die for.
When: Friday 25th May from 11:30am to 3:00pm.
Family Beach Day
This is a free event for the whole family. The day will consist of sand castle making competitions, spectacular skydiving display with landing on the beach and Samba for all ages!
When: Saturday 26th May 2018 from 10:00am to 3:00pm on Four Mile beach.
‘Tropical Magic’ Street Parade
Watch Macrossan Street come alive with “Tropical Magic”, this free family parade is sure to entertain what every your age.
When: Friday 25th May 2018 from 5:00pm
Do you love seafood? This event is for you! Back by popular demand, Seafood Extravaganza is sure delight your taste buds. Located at the Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina, this event brings together people from far and wide to indulge in the best local seafood, live entertainment, maybe even a sneaky beer. And the best thing about it… it’s free!
When: Sunday 27th May 2018 from 12:00noon to 5:00pm
All other fantastic events:
- Circus Wonderland: this is a unique and hilarious circus guaranteed to thrill and amaze! Thursday 24th, Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th May 2018 at Dixie Park.
- Rouge at the Wonderland Spiegeltent: this is an award winning show aimed at an audience 18+ combining stunts, burlesque & circus acts. Friday 18th to Sunday 27th May 2018 at Dixie Park.
- Akmal Saleh Stand Up Comedy: award nominated comedian sure to make you laugh. Saturday 26th May 2018 at 6:30pm at Dixie Park.
- Late Night Burlesque: sure to entertain its audience (18+) this show specialises in the arts of the beautiful and the bizarre. Saturday 26th May 2018, doors open 10:15pm for a 10:30pm show, Dixie Park.
- Tropic Night: enjoy a fabulous light show at Sugar Wharf and surrounding ANZAC park. From dusk Friday 25th and Saturday 26th May 2018.
- Out! At Carnivale: enjoy a night of fun and frivolity Friday 25th May 2018 from 8:00pm to midnight at Estillo Bar QT Hotel with DJ BB.
- Tropical Destinations Photography Exhibition: take a moment to admire some of the most stunning photos of Tropical North Queensland. Every day from Monday 21st May 2018 from 10:00am to 4:00pm at the Port Douglas Community Hall.
- 2018 Quicksilver Port Douglas Race Week: Port Douglas Yacht Club invites all yachters to join them for a week of Sailing, Food & Fun from Monday 21st to Saturday 26th May 2018.
- AFL Port Douglas Crocs v Northh Cairns Tigers: be there for kick off at 12:00noon on Saturday 26th May 2018 at Port Douglas Crocs AFL Club