Cairns Holiday Specialists (3395314) and Australia Holiday Specialists (4116414), Licenced Inbound Operators, Dispute Resolution Policy
Cairns Holiday Specialists and Australia Holiday Specialists actively encourage feedback on our performance and the performance of our suppliers.
Please let us know any concerns you may have promptly because a conversation on the telephone means Cairns Holiday Specialists and Australia Holiday Specialists can learn how to serve you better and continually improve our customer service. Often complaints are misunderstandings that can be resolved during a telephone conversation or two with our Managing Director.
Please contact us by one of the methods set out below if you wish to discuss any aspect of your dealings with Cairns Holiday Specialists and Australia Holiday Specialists.
The Complaints Process
Our company’s objective is to make it as easy as possible for you to bring complaints to our attention.
- Monday to Friday: 8.30am – 5.30pm
- Saturday-Sunday: 8.30am – 5.30pm Seasonally Adjusted
- Please note that we are closed Good Friday, Christmas Day (25 December) and New Year's Day (01 January).
For this reason, we offer a range of methods by which you can make a complaint to us:
- By telephone, phone: +61 (0)7 4059 5959
- By Fax: +61 (0)7 4041 3357
- By E-mail: email@example.com
- By post: PO Box 170 Bungalow Cairns Queensland 4870
To ensure that we can examine and respond to your complaint quickly, please make sure you:
- Provide your name and contact details (preferably a phone number and an email address) so we can discuss your complaint with you if required, or to seek any additional information that may be required.
- Please provide the booking name and the reservation/booking number of the supplier for whom you are raising your concerns.
- Please provide as much detail as possible about the nature of your complaint, and attach any relevant documents and other information that support your complaint.
- If you need assistance in describing or making a complaint, or if you just want to discuss your concerns informally before deciding whether to make a complaint, please feel free to contact us.
How will we handle your complaint?
Our Managing Director will oversee the complaints process and is responsible for liaising with you and the accommodation and or tour supplier to ensure that the issues you have raised are fully examined and that your complaint is handled in accordance with this Policy.
You should make your initial complaint as clear as possible, and provide all supporting material.
We will always try to give you a fair opportunity to explain your case and we may have a phone conference with you to discuss your concerns and try to find a satisfactory solution.
Where you have made a written complaint, we will provide you with a written response.
How long will it take?
The length of time taken to resolve your complaint will depend on the nature and complexity of the issues you have raised, and on receiving a timely response from the supplier. As a guide, we have set the following time standards which we will aim to achieve.
Complaints of a simple nature received by telephone or email, will try to be dealt with and responded to within 7 business days from receiving the complaint.
If the complaint cannot be dealt with in that time, for example, because it is not as simple as it initially appeared, or the supplier has not come back to Cairns Holiday Specialists and Australia Holiday Specialists, we will let you know.
Complaints of a more complex nature will be responded to within 15 business days of receiving the complaint.
If you indicate to us that you are satisfied with our response, or if we don't hear from you within 15 business days of our response, we will consider the matter closed.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you should let us know, and provide us with any further material in support of your complaint. We or the supplier will provide a further response within 15 business days of receiving the additional material.
Who is the independent body that can help resolve a dispute?
If you are dissatisfied with the conduct of Cairns Holiday Specialists and Australia Holiday Specialists you may contact the Commissioner of Office of Fair Trading on 131304 or via email at Australian Office of Fair Trading (http://www.fairtrading.qld.gov.au/complaint-general.htm)
At no point will this dispute resolution process affect you from exercising your rights to other legal remedies.